Friday, October 7, 2011

O Frabjous Day, Callooh! Callay!

Disclaimer: In this post there are pictures of me. As much as I'd like y'all to assume I am six feet tall and gorgeous, the truth is I spent more time on chocolate peanut butter ice cream this summer than running. My skates are sharpened and I'm working on it but pictures of cool people are going to be compromised for now by my goofy face and overpadded abs..

So I'm behind on sorting out photos and summaries from practices last week, but yesterday I headed out again to Kettler. I staked out a spot on the bench side, near the media fishbowl and consequently saw Tariq El Bashir, the Washington Post writer, walk past and I had to say hi and mention that I tweeted him before. He might have been lying when he said he remembered that, but what can you do. Awesome event #1.

Plenty of banging up against the boards that I tried to capture, but the focus was a bit slow.



Since I was on the end with the press conference room and it was uncharacteristically empty, I stayed to the end to try and get Mathieu Perreault's autograph on a puck for my dad. It was a long shot, but why not try. Luckily, it worked. He was who the woman next to me was waiting for as well, and she called him over. He signed the puck and took a picture with it for me. Awesome event #2.


On the way out, right by the door, were Alan May and Craig Laughlin. I know I interrupted their conversation but they were very cool about it. I need to work on my social skills. I mentioned that I had been wondering which shirt I should buy in the shop- May, Laughlin or Sylvain Cote. Right away they said not Cote, and I said I liked him and thought he was cute when I was in high school. Then they joked about which to get, that Laughlin's mom was the only one who bought his. I showed them the picture of me and Alan from the RMNB party in April and they agreed it was a good shot.



I then said I needed a photo with Craig for my collection, and Alan May took the photo. The first one was sharp but my mouth was open. The second one was blurry but better than nothing.



Craig wandered off, though let me mention that the whole time I was getting half hugs and shoulder touches from him. Very nice. So it was me and Alan and I mentioned this blog. He said the title was catchy.

In case he does remember it, hello Mr. May. I apologize for the amateur nature of the whole blog. I'm working on it. He had things to do so he went one way and I went another. Awesome event #3.

I remembered I did want to check out the shirts in the shop so I headed back that way and Craig Laughlin was there again. I told him our picture was blurry and he said we'd have to take another, but continued on his conversation and then Joe Beninati came in and I was reluctant to speak to him again since I sounded like such a fool the first time. They headed up to the media event upstairs and I went ahead and purchased a May shirt because he had a conversation with me, I tend to agree with his evaluations on tv and twitter and I felt like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment