Thursday, April 19, 2012

Caps Playoffs, pre Game 4

The Caps play Game 4 tonight of the opening round of playoffs versus the Boston Bruins. They participated in a light skate this morning.


On the near goal, Holtby and Dany Sabourin were switching out fairly regularly facing shots.





Close-ups of Braden Holtby and his mask:



At the far end of the rink, Michal Neuvirth was taking shots as well.





Caps television announcer Joe Beninati was mixing in with the little people (not a short joke, I swear)outside the plexiglass, taking notes and interacting with fans.


Myself included.


The Swedes:


Dennis Wideman stretching out:


After the starters left the ice, Neuvy moved down to take some shots from the scratches.




OK, maybe he's not taking shots in these but I was so glad to see him out there, I just kept taking pictures.

Standing by me happened to be one of my dad's favorite players, Dennis Maruk. I didn't take any pictures so you're just going to have to take my word for it that he chatted with Joe B and some fans then went shopping in the team store including buying out their remaining stock of his player shirt. Seemed like a nice guy and smelled really good, by the way. Unfortunately I didn't know he was one of my dad's favorite players until I told him about it on my way home. I would have tried harder on the photo front then.

And we will close out with a shot of the most dangerous man in Washington. Do you feel menaced?

No comments:

Post a Comment