Sunday, November 4, 2012

Shark Pride



As Halloween approached I thought of the various Nationals symbols that bring fear- Beast Mode, the Werewerth, Bryce Harper's eye black, Air Screech, but one of the things I fear the most are sharks not named Roger, so I thought a Shark themed pumpkin would be the way to go.


I could have done a little better on the details, but it's not a real pumpkin, rather a foam one from the craft store so I can embellish a bit and keep it for years to come in celebration of the flyball-hunting skills of #2 for your Washington Nationals. I sent a picture of it via Twitter to the guys at Sharkadina and the next day they made me one of the Fans of the Month for October. That kind of instant gratification made my day.

I have been a fan of Mr. Bernadina for a while- though before the shark thing I found myself singing “Mr. Bernadina, Mr. Roger Bernadina” to the tune of “Mr. Dobalina” by Del tha Funkee Homosapien. Yes, I'm old. Now, I take my stuffed sharks to the games and wave it when Roger's at bat and it was an honor to have the big guys at Sharkadina have my work on their site.



No comments:

Post a Comment