Friday, March 2, 2012

And here we go...

The first Nats spring game is today vs Georgetown at 12pm. The young guys are the focus of the lineup- Rendon, Harper, Purke, etc as it should be.

Also today is the introduction of the new catch phrase of the season- "Natitude." I say that with the full expectation no one will ever say "natitude" out loud, but it's a solid concept and after the Redskins and the Caps, I could use a little chest-thumping, alpha male, primal, hunt down those wins like a wounded mammoth across the windswept plains of the outfield demeanor in my life these days.

Sports Bog has the details, especially this one that made me giddy and my wallet weep silent tears:

The team has started introducing players to the new campaign, asking them to design t-shirts that express their own particular Natitude. Drew Storen has already come up with his concept, featuring the phrase “Attention fans, the bottom of the 9th has been canceled.”

LOVE. I will be saving my pennies for when that shirt becomes available, and it better be available and not like Michael Morse's last season when every game it was "I think some are coming in on Friday" in every team shop at the stadium.

It's getting closer. April 5 doesn't seem too far now.

No comments:

Post a Comment