Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Two Impossible Things After Breakfast

This isn't a blog where I am going to be objective and impartial. I'm going to be girly and right here is where I say I have an irrational crush on Peyton Manning, ever since he was at Tennessee when I was living in Georgia, fivehead, goofy commercials, and seedy gossip aside. I was a little anxious when I didn't see full 90o rotation on that neck from side to side during the press conference and instead he shifted his whole body, shoulders down to answer questions. Maybe he was just being polite, but it gave me pause. I had been in denial all season thinking that there was no way he would have been able to sign a huge contract if they knew something was terribly wrong with him. It was my glimmer of hope.

Being a DMV resident, I can't say I'm surprised the man's been screwed over by the Irsay family. But still he stood there as everyone knew he was being dumped before he had to be paid and teared up when thinking about the equipment managers he would leave behind. He didn't pout and whine like his little brother who was too precious to go to a crap team, he sucked it up in Indy as they went from having one good player to enough to win the Super Bowl. (which I still have never seen because I had to work that night. I have it recorded somewhere. Maybe now is the time to drag it out.)He deserved better than to be thrown aside, and as much as it would please me personally I don't know if I can handle him coming to the Redskins knowing this is where talent goes to hibernate. He doesn't need to suffer twice. Miami sounds good.

The Wizards also managed to beat the Lakers tonight, 101-106 before a crowd of LA fans. Awesome. I had already settled down into the workspace for the night with no television, so I relied on Yahoo's Game Channel for slow updates in the 4th quarter. John Wall's 4 points was surprising but the 9 assists means he was passing and that works well though the text scroll I saw had him missing at least two free throws. Seriously? I liked that the scoring was spread out among many players- 6 with at least 12 points, Trevor Booker leading with 18. That seems like a good system to have in place, to have the focus not be on one person and to have many threats out there. Hopefully this wasn't a fluke and these guys who had such optimism coming into the season can pull something together these last two months.

No comments:

Post a Comment