Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Caps Camp, Day 6

Thursday, I headed back out to Kettler. There were already two pre-season games (losses) on the books- Baltimore was blamed on bad ice, the sort of ice that only affected one team apparently as Nashville scored two goals... and I heard no outside comments on the Columbus game so, yeah. This day was the first I saw Tomas Vokoun. He was out first with the goalie coach warming up.



Then the others wandered in to stretch out.



Once the practice got going I noticed a few things:
Ovie almost hit MoJo straight in the face on a wide shot. That was a bit scary.
Vokoun was unstoppable low, but anything mid-range or higher seemed to get past, especially on the glove side.
The lines were not sharp, passes were off.


At one point I noticed Joe B. talking to someone in the press room fishbowl, and I am 99% sure it was Calle Johansson in for the alumni game.

No comments:

Post a Comment