Friday, September 16, 2011

Thank You, MASN! Part One

Yesterday I found out that I won the MASN social media weekend contest where I get to meet Nats GM Mike Rizzo before tonight's game. We have two of the best GMs around with him and GMGM, Caps man George McPhee, so I am completely excited. I am fluttery and nervous for who knows how long I am actually going to be able to speak to him, if I will at all. So I'm going to put it all down here so it can implant more firmly into my memory.

What I'd like to say:

Mr. Rizzo, it's a pleasure to meet you. I'm a great admirer of what you've done for the team even though I haven't been a close observer for long. I love the park, I am here every chance I get. You seem to have assembled more talented young men than . I can't wait to see what you get for Ian Desmond. I believe a yardstick has more range and his questionable choices, poor fielding and outright errors have benefited the opposing teams more than his recent hitting surge has benefited the Nationals. As nice as a guy as Davey Johnson seems to be, I have not agreed with a lot of his lineup decisions especially when it comes to the bullpen. If he's up for managing next year, that's up to you, but I can't help but wonder how someone else would take on the logjam at first and the hopefully vacant shortstop position.

What I probably will say:

Hi, nice to meet you... <stare at ground and attempt to untie tongue>

We'll see how it turns out. Pics and stories to come after the meet-n-geet tonight and Strasmas tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment